These cookies are the best of both worlds and the bomb.com all at the same time!
There’s that incredible peanut buttery taste, and the super smooth-melted chocolate taste… These cookies disappear like crazy!
My biggest tip for this recipe is to not over bake the cookies. I’m one of those people who like cookies super chewy and
warm…. and it doesn’t get much better than when you add a chunk of chocolate on top.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour (Stir the flour and then scoop it, so it’s not packed into the measuring cup/spoon.)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 30+ Hershey Kisses
- Cream the butter and sugars together in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla. Mix well and scrape the bowl.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the butter mixture all at once and mix until just incorporated. *this is where you set aside a bit of dough to eat later. 😉
- CHILL dough for 2 hours in fridge or 45 minutes in the freezer. (This keeps the dough thick and puffy / helps it not spread too fast while baking.)
- Scoop dough and shape into balls, about 1 rounded Tablespoon each. Place 2-inches apart on silicone lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 to 9 minutes. Remove from oven. Immediately place a single Hershey Kiss in the center of each cookie while still warm. Rest for 1 minute, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store cookies in an airtight container up to 5 days.